Sunday 6 December 2015

Planning - Shot Plans

Planning - Shot Plans

For our thriller opening, Izzy and I have decided that we're going to try and use as many different camera shots and angles as possible to create a professional aesthetic to our clip that flows well and creates tension. We have decided to use a variety of close ups, extreme close ups, mid shots, long shots and over-the-shoulder shots, and have also planned to include some eye-line matches and match-on-action shots throughout the filming to create tension and test our camera skills.

      Close ups:
  • The introductory shot of the female character's face (my face)
  • During the makeup routine when I blow on my nails to dry the nail varnish
  • The Barbie Doll's face which will be superimposed over the top of mine
  • My shocked facial expressions to the phone ringing
      Extreme close ups:
  • When I apply mascara to my eyelashes
  • When I apply lipstick
  • The phone screen as it begins to ring
      Long shots:
  • When both characters are visible in the mirror
  • When the male character finishes climbing the stairs
      Mid shots:
  •  At the beginning of the scene when I'm featured brushing my hair
  • A side view of myself and the makeup table
  • When I place the mascara back on the table and pick up the lipstick
      Over-the-shoulder shots:
  •  When I answer the phone-call the second time it rings
      Eye-line match:
  •  The first time the phone rings the camera will show my eyes look towards the desk and then cut to the phone ringing
      Match-on-action:
  •  When I drop the phone at the end of the scene, and then the camera cuts to it smashed on the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment