Sunday 7 February 2016

Evaluation - Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel like I have progressed massively, as now I feel that I can use all the equipment correctly and to a high "professional" standard, and can now edit my footage together much more smoothly without any gaps. I have also learnt how to record sound to a much higher standard and how to edit out background noise, as this was an issue in our preliminary task as you could hear the ticking/buzzing noise of the camera over the top of the dialogue.

The filming quality in our preliminary task was also low quality as it was shaky (as we didn't know how to move the tripod correctly) and the footage was often completely out of focus or slightly blurry, as you can see from the image below. In contrast my final product is of a very high quality and all the footage is clear and flows smoothly, which we ensured through re-filming any clips that didn't meet the standards we expected, as you can also see in the image below.


 I have also learnt to focus on the acting and make sure it appears as professional as possible, as in our preliminary task the actresses laughed when they were first introduced to each other, which created an unprofessional finish as it was supposed to be a serious and sinister scene which was then contradicted by the laughter (as you can see underneath).


I also think that I have progressed with the non-diegetic sound, as the music we used in the preliminary task didn't completely suit the footage we used, and when we edited it to fade out when the dialogue began it was a very abrupt change, which created a jittery and sharp finish, whereas in my final product we researched the music over a longer period of time to ensure we chose the best music we could find that was copyright free and best suited our footage.

Preliminary Task:

Final Piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment